Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Mysterious Fiest


I can't remember the last time that I went and sat down at my aunt and uncle's house.. It's been years.. This aunt is my late papaw's sister... No particular reason we don't get together more often.. Life keeps us all so busy, we seem to lose touch even with the ones so close...

My great grandmother is staying with them until she feels better so we decided to go and visit for awhile... When we arrived we sat down and started to talk about all kinds of different things that we haven't talked about in years.. I learned a lot of things that I never knew about my papaw and his daddy.. I really enjoyed it!!

Dawson of course took plenty of tractors to play with and demanded that grandmother, aunt Louise and I get down in the floor and play too!! Their dog was jumping around and licking Dawson in the face.. I just assumed that the dog wasn't used to children and enjoyed someone being around that was about his size...

Grandmother got up from the chair she was sitting in to go roam around the house... When she returned the dog was in her chair.. She tried and tried with all of her might to get this dog up, but he wasn't budging... David also got up and when he returned the dog was piled up in his chair sleeping...

David and I are thinking to ourselves... Wow, this dog must be pretty special...

I noticed that the dog went over to uncle Bobby's chair and was begging... So politely, he gave the dog a cracker... Aunt Louise asked Dawson what the dog's name was and he said "I don't know"...

After a wonderful two and a half hour visit D was getting sleepy so we gathered up to leave.. David asked uncle Bobby if that dog was a good squirrel dog.. He said "I don't know, he looks like he would be.. He's your dog.." David said "nuh uh, he's not my dog, that your dog".. Uncle Bobby said "Louise, tell them that is not our dog." Aunt Louise said "no that's your dog, he's not ours"...

At this time I'm laughing my butt off!!! When we came in the door this mysterious dog followed in behind us.. They assumed that it was ours.. We thought that the dog was in the house when we got there, and assumed that it was theirs... It was neither ours, nor theirs... This dog had been staged up in their house the whole time that we were there.. They were trying to be good host's and not be ugly to the dog that they thought we'd brought with us!!

I assured them that we would never take our dog to their house and let it jump around on the furniture like that... It was sooo funny... My grandmother is not a dog lover my no means.. So before we left, I told her that we'd brought that dog for her... She said "no you didn't"!!

The picture that is on here is not a real picture of the mysterious dog... It's one I found on google.. But it is however what the dog looked like making himself at home!! He did have a little more brown on him...

We had a wonderful visit!! We will be sure to do it again real soon!! Thanks for having us Aunt Louise and Uncle Bobby, we thoroughly enjoyed it!!



***I know there are a lot of people reading that don't ever post a comment... FYI: sometimes you can't comment by usng the "other" button and trying to type in your name... If you use "anonymous" and put your name in the comment, at least I'll know that you stopped by to see how were doing and your not just being nosey!! Thanks alot I really appreciate it!!
posted by Cara @ 1:50 PM |

9 comments

<< Home


/body>