Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'm a very trusting person, but come on!!

I had a dreaded orthodontist appointment this morning at 9.... Remind me to make the next one in the afternoon, so that if anything bad happens, it won't be first thing in the morning..
The office was packed.. There were no parking spaces, so I carefully parked over to the side behind the other cars. I waited for a seat... They called me back and I got comfy in the chair (that almost makes me go to sleep). One of the assistants come in the room and said "are you driving the Pathfinder?" I said "yeah", I assumed they needed me to move it... She had a funny look on her face and said "come look." So I got up and went to the front door. There was this little girl, barely 16 if that, standing there with a blank look on her face.... She said "I was backing up and I hit your car, but there are no scratches or anything!! Do you want to come and look?" Uhh Yeah, I thought and walked out the door.. As I walked out the door, I could see my bumper had been knocked loose.... As I got closer it was all scratched up too... I said "um, it is pretty scratched, do you have your insurance information?" She said "um no, not with me, but I can give you my cell phone number"..... Being the nice person that I am I would've probably left with that, but I have had that happen before and didn't make a police report and almost stuck with paying for something that wasn't my fault...
I called the police and they came and made a report along with giving the other girl a ticket for no proof of insurance and no tags.... She and I had to fill out a form telling about what happened... Then we had to exchange them.... Her's said "I was parked in a parking space and was attempting to pull out and bumped into a SUV that was behind me not in a parking spot but, was parked.." Regardless, there were no other spaces to park in and she had plenty of room to back up in her Cavalier and not hit my parked car..... So now, with only one payment left on the trusty Pathfinder, I guess I'll get a new bumper!! I did make sure I thanked her for coming in to find me and let me know she'd hit my car... Some people wouldn't have done that!!
Just a little reminder, don't leave home without your game face and insurance card.... They both could come in very handy at any given time!!:)
I hope everyone is a having a good "hump" day!!
posted by Cara @ 1:44 PM |

9 comments

<< Home


/body>