Thursday, January 05, 2006

My 100 Things

As you well know, this is another post completely stolen from everyone who has ever made a "100 Things" list... It's kind of jumbled up and jumps around but here we go... I hope you don't get too bored, everything is pretty random!!:)
1. I was born in Monroe, Louisiana.

2. November 7, 1979
3. I've lived in Hamburg almost all of my life.
4. When I was 3 or 4 my mom, dad, and I moved to Bastrop.
5. I started to kindergarten when I was 4, at prairie View Academy.
6. My parents divorced when I was 4.
7. When we moved back to Hamburg I had to repeat kindergarten. (In Arkansas you had to be 6 to start to the first gradeat that time.)
8. My mom and dad got back together and split up NUMEROUS times after the divorce.
9. I am the oldest grandchild on my mom's side of the family.
10. I was the youngest grandchild on my dad's side of the family for 17 years. (see #18)
11. My dad remarried when I was 8 or 9.
12. My mom and I lived with Mama Bert, my great grandmother after the divorce..
13. My mom remarried when I was 13 or 14.
14. I lived with my mom and her new husband Shane in Crossett for about a year.
15. We moved to Fountain Hill in 1995.
16. I was an only child until I was 16.
17. I have a 10 year old sister from my mom.
18. I have a 9 year old brother from my dad.
19. I started smoking when I was 14.
20. My mom and dad never knew about #19 until I was about 17.
21. I once borrowed my mom's car during the Crossett Rodeo and got into a lot of trouble... She said that I stole it.. But I insist that I didn't.. I mean stolen, means stolen... I brought it back and tried to make sure that I put everything back just as she'd left it.;)
22. I think that she was upset because I was only like 12 or 13.. But it was all just innocent fun..
23. My friends and I took some boys home that we knew and my aunt lived right down the road.
needless to say, my mom got a phone call from her the very next morning... I was cold busted...
24. I've had boyfriend's that used to like to come over because they thought that my mom was "hot".
25. I started taking dance lessons when I was 2.
26. I was on a dance competition team for about 3 years
27. I quit after about 7 years.. That was long enough. .. I took from Mrs. Jennie Mann... If you know her.. You know why.
28. I continued to take from other instructors until I was 16.
29. I always made super grades until I was in the 5th grade and I got pneumonia and was out of school for about a month.
30. I guess that I just never caught up after that... Plus, that's the time that I really noticed boys.... (yuck, what was I thinking??)
31. I graduated from Fountain Hill in 1998...
32. I didn't go there just to graduate... I actually lived there..
33. Once when I was really young, my mom dad and I went to my papaw Norwood's to ride horses.. My papaw was riding the crazy one. He opened his can of beer and it spooked the horse. The horse took off throwing papaw to the ground.. He luckily wasn't hurt and he never spilled his beer.
34. When we first moved to Fountain Hill, some friends came and picked me up and we went to the liquor store... I drank a pint of Vodka and puked in the sink at someone else's house.. They took me home passed out and drunk.. My mom came in and found me and let's just say she wasn't very happy with me on that night.......
35. Before my mom remarried.. She had a serious boyfriend that had a little boy.. My mom bought him a guinea pig to keep at our house.. I was supposed to be feeding and watering the guinea pig... But I remember having other things to do like, probably talk on the phone... One day I remembered the guinea pig... But had forgotten about food and water for a few weeks.. Colby was upset about that poor guinea pig.. (So was I since I was the one who found him.)
36. While growing up I had a poodle named Bo and he was like ancient... He had cataracts all over his eyes so we couldn't rearrange the furniture or anything.. Once he got lost and we thought that he was gone forever... He was 3 blocks away the whole time.. The lady brought him home after he'd been gone about 3 months..
37. Bo also got ran over like 3 or 4 times and still lived through it. He must havve been like 100 in dog years before he finally died..(
38. In high school I was voted prom queen two years in a row.
39. I was also voted yearbook queen..
40. My classmates made a prediction that I would have the most kids..
41. I was also voted, along with my high school sweetheart, a lot of other junk...
42. There were only like 30 people in my graduating class.
43. #'s 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 don't mean crap when your grown.
44. I went to beauty school when I graduated high school
45. I was quickly a "beauty school dropout".. I wanted to fix and cut hair, not study.. I really didn't feel like I was learning what I needed to be anyway...
46. I was planning on transferring to a different school after I got married, but I changed my mind.
47. I'm the worst procrastinator.
48. I delivered newspapers when I was a senior in high school. (just to businesses, not door to door)
49. I don't like to read books.. But I wish I did.
50. I'm now a blog addict.....
51. I'm only friends with a few people that I was friends with in school.
52. I have a habit of saying whatever is on my mind.
53.. I also have a bad habit of saying what is on my mind and not think about it what I'm going to say, before I say it.
54. I can't take pills, they knock me out...
55. I've never done any hard drugs. Never had the want to!!
56. I've had my ears pierced since I was 2.
57. When I was 20 I wanted a second hole in each ear... But then I realized I looked stupid with 2 holes in each ear and let it grow up.
58. When I was 23 I went with some friends to a tattoo parlor and got my belly button pierced.
59. Two weeks later I found out I was pregnant with my boo..
60. I got married when I was 18..
61. # 60 is the best thing that has ever happened to me!!!
62. I love my husband more today than I did the day I married him... And love him more each day!!
63.I was married 5 years before I had Dawson.
64. Before we found out for sure that I was having a boy... I had that gut feeling.
65. I couldn't come up with a girl name at all..
66. I found that the name Dawson means "David's son", and knew that was the perfect name.
67. I would recommend my obstetrician to anyone!!
68. My OB induced me two weeks early.
69. I was in labor for about 15 hours..
70. I pushed for 2 hours.
71. I finally had a cesarean section.
72. David has told people that Dr. Lee drew the line on my belly and he cut it with his pocket knife..
73. I remember being so scared to stand up after having Dawson. To my surprise, it was nothing...
74. I don't understand how people say that having a child is so painful... I went through is all and never hurt.
75. Maybe the reason for #74 is because I had an epidural early...:)
76. I went back to work at Foote's when Dawson was 12 weeks old..
77. We had a lady coming to our house to keep him.
78. She couldn't keep coming because of her own family.
79. We went through many more "nanny's".
80. I took him to a day care when he was 6 months old..
81. When he came home with a knot on his head the second day, and the daycare lady couldn't tell me how he got it... He never went back!!!
82. I left a full package of diapers at that lady's house and I never went back!!
83. I quit my job to be a stay at home mom..
84. I left my job and told them that I wanted to stay with him until he was one.. Then he would be old enough to stay at a daycare and defend himself.
85. Dawson will be 3 in March and I'm still at home.
86. I've had job offers and it doesn't match up to the payment I get from David and Dawson with all of their kisses and hugs throughout the day!! I'd rather be broke than my baby be in daycare.
87. I wore braces when I was about 12 until I was 16.
88. I hated them but really hated my retainer, so I never wore it.
89. About 6 months ago I realized that my teeth were getting crooked again.
90. So now I have another retainer that makes me talk really stupid... But I want my straight teeth back!!
91. I should wear my glasses. But they get on my nerves!!
92. I hate to be woke up.
93. I love to cook.
94. I'm pretty good at #93... (I think)
95. I'm a cleaning fanatic.
96. I'm also a clutter bug.
97. #96 makes #95 an all day everyday job!!
98. I like for all of my clothes to be line dried.
99. I love to sleep!!
100. I'm glad I came up with 100 things to put on this list, because it's time for a break!!

posted by Cara @ 4:43 PM |

6 comments

<< Home


/body>