Friday, February 03, 2006

Papaw, I love you and will miss you dearly!!!


I'm sure your tired of re-run pictures, but this is one that I will always hold dear to my heart!! This picture was taken on December 17, 2005.. When we had our Christmas gathering at my home... This Christmas is the first in years that was spent with my great-grandmother and my papaw... Papaw was so excited about having this picture made because grandmother is 86 and we all know that she isn't going to be around forever.. Five generations living is a very rare thing and this week that trend was sadly broken within my family..

My papaw Norwood had a heart attack and died Sunday morning... It was such a shock, he was only 66... He was not only my papaw, but he was allso my friend... We talked on the phone everyday... Sometimes he would call too early and wake me up and I would threaten to break his dialing finger.... But all week it's been so hard not having him call and ask "What's the boy doing??".

Papaw was sure crazy about Dawson!! And Dawson was pretty crazy about "Papaw Wood" too!
Anyone who knows us knows what a mom's baby D is... Anytime that he was fussing about staying with someone, papaw would say "bring that boy up here and we'll do something"!! I guess that it was in November that papaw came and picked him up and took him back up to mom's house to spend the day... But before he would leave him with mom he had to go all over town and show him off... He called me and told me every word of every conversation that they had that wonderful day.....
Papaw was definitely a one of a kind... Sometimes in a bad way, but he was a good man.... He loved his family with all of his heart and that's what he lived for.. He was so proud of his children, and grandchildren and especially his great grandchildren.. Dawson and Emma held a special place in his heart (being the only great grandchildren), but no one compared to Tristan!! She lived beside him for all 10 years of her life... Everyday he'd look forward to seeing her, then he's call me and tell me all about what she'd done that day!! He was such a home body!! He went to town everyday to get a newspaper or just to check on grandmother and ride around.. I guess that 's where the rest of our family gets staying at home so much!!

All of this was such a shock it threw the whole family into a whirlwind... But a very good thing has come out of it too... I feel like our family is closer now than we've been in years and that is blessing that I'm very thankful for!! It's times like these when I realize what great friends and family we have.. There have been so many calls, visits, food, plants and prayers and I really do appreciate each and every person who has bee there for us!!

I'm really going to miss papaw.... That seems so selfish because I'm sure he's in a better place!! But still it's sad... Please say a prayer for me and my family...

I'm sorry this post is so depressing and probably confusing.. Sleep this week has been pretty scarce!! Hopefully the next post will be more positive... Remember, I have to follow through with my resolution!!:) I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I can't wait for Saturday, UFC pay-per-view!! Chuck Liddell is going to kick butt!!

posted by Cara @ 12:03 PM |

13 comments

<< Home


/body>