Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Callaway Reunion 2008

As always we had a wonderful trip to our annual family reunion in Hot Springs this past weekend!! I have the most wonderful, caring, fun family EVVA!!! Me, Amanda, Dawson and Daityn Blair ventured off on Thursday night after Patrick's graduation to Hot Springs!!
Daityn Blair slept most of the way there while Dawson started asking before we ever left Hamburg "Momma, how much longer??".Friday morning Kim, Nicole, Nikki and I were treated to a spa day!!! OMG.... It was the best!! We had so much fun!! I never get pampered with the kiddos with me every waking hour!! It was great to be treated like a queen!!
On Friday night we went with Uncle Freddie and Aunt Joy to pick up Daddy who flew in from New York!! It was so nice to have Amanda with me to help out with Daityn Blair who has to be in bed by 9 o'clock or she turns into witch Hazel!! So she stayed behind with her Manda!!I'm not sure who was more excited to see Daddy, me or Dawson!! Although with my eyes closed, you can't really see the excitement on my face or the emotion either which is kind of a good thing!!!!When we were leaving the airport I saw this guy who looked familiar having his picture made with a little girl... As I looked closer I saw that it was Darren McFadden!! So I told Dawson to go and have his picture made with him... He was like "I'm tired, I don't want to"... I said fine then I will!!! I was still trying to get him to get up there and telling him that it was D-Mac and he played football for the Hogs and all of that good stuff but he still didn't care... So I get up there to have my picture made and then he came along!!! D-Mac was talking on his phone and I heard him say "yeah I'm just getting into the airport, you know how it is".... I turned and looked at him and said "yeah, women hanging all over me and everything else" and of course then SNAP!!! Daddy took the picture!! But anyway we had our picture with a "star"!! Daddy was so worried about Daityn Blair not remembering him, but that didn't last but about 2 minutes!! She was loving all over PawPaw!! And he minds her pretty good too!!
On Saturday morning as usual we have pictures made of the whole family! With Mamaw Woodie having 9 kids, that makes for alot of grandkids!! This is about half!! You can see if you look close that she is holding a funny object!! My mamaw has never had a sip of alcohol in her life and she is 86 years old!! This past January we all got together and had supper and Daddy and Uncle Joe was drinking Bud Light!! Aunt Pat and I conspired to have it look like Mamaw was reaching for a beer!!! David built a frame and I put it in the family auction!! It went to Uncle Joe for $210!!! It was priceless!!Here Mamaw was trying to get some upside down sugar from Daity!!All of the kids have such a good time playing!! Here is Dawson , Garrett, and Zach pushing around Branson on the luggage cart!! He is such a night owl!! Dawson is used to going to bed no later than 9:30.... So when he was staying up until 12.... Needless to say, he was give out!!!Here is Dawson and Amanda were loving!! I think Amanda had a good time, my family loves her like she is their own!! She has been invited to come back anytime that she wants to!!Here Dawson was feeling like a big man, cause he was drinking out of a wine glass at Olive Garden!!Oh another funny from Dawson.... Which is also an embarassment to me... On the morning we were leaving we were eating breakfast... I was holding Daityn Blair and Dawson was sitting beside me!! Amanda, Uncle Freddie and Aunt Joy were there too!! Dawson busts out with "Momma did she just shit??" I'm like oh no he just didn't.... Can't be.... I said "Dawson what did you just say??" He said "I said did she just shit?? I smell something that stinks..." I could've crawled up under the table and died!!!! Gah the things he can say....
Anyway, at the reunion Aunt Nita talks.... And we listen!! And listen! And listen...
Then Dawson sang two special songs!! International Harvester and Watching Airplanes!! He was a huge hit!! He tore it up!!! He was so cute!!! Not to mention how good he sounded!! Here is Daityn Blair at her best in her cute little bikini, screaming!!Swimming is a big pass time while on the reunion!! Dawson should be water logged by now!! The bottom of his feet had blisters on them!! Daityn was too sleepy this day so I took her back in for a nap!! She is just as happy playing in her little car on the carpet!!
Me, Amanda and the kids went downtown for earrings and ice cream!! We took some pictures that turned out really good too!!Later we went to the arcade and rode bumper boats!! Fun fun, but wet wet!! John, Andrea and their 3 girls met us there!! Those are the sweetest girls ever!!
Besides the fact that they helped get me all wet!!;)
So Monday morning we had to get back to reality and go home.... Which sucks..... But we still have to do it! We had to take Daddy back to the airport and see him off... Where I parked in a 15 minute parking spot for an hours and a half.... And had a parking ticket on the windshield waiting on me when I returned.... blah!!!! $15 is worth it freaking pig!!!! After that we met John, Andrea and the girls at Chuck e Cheese!! W had so much fun!! The food was bunk... But the fun was great!!!Daityn Blair wanted no part of ole' Chuck, but Dawson loved him!!!
And Daity, well she just loves to be held!! She wouldn't let Amber out of her sight for very long at all!!! Emily either!! This is funny... Ya know I always start out with the best intentions of making a great blog and explaining pictures... And at first I do.... But towards the end I just want you to make your own mind up of what you think happened!!!
Ya know the adults have just as much fun at those places!!! This was an awesome fun filled weekend that I wish I had the money to do every other weekend!!! We had a blast!! And yes, again we stayed up every night until at least 1 am... So when we got home, we were ready for some after vacation rest!!
I can't wait until next year!!!!

posted by Cara @ 1:12 PM |

2 comments

<< Home


/body>