Monday, March 31, 2008

My Boo Lost A Tooth!!!!

And let me just say, he was FREAKIN' out!! It was so funny! I was on the phone with my daddy and was taking something into Dawson's bathroom when I looked and Dawson was coming out of his bathroom with blood all over his face and hands!!! Then I started freakin' out!
He was screaming "I'm so sorry Momma" over and over again... And I looked and noticed that he had a tooth missing!I said "Oh my gosh Dawson are you okay? How did that happen? Did you fall? What did you hit?" He said screaming "NOTHING, IT JUST CAME OUT!!!" So I tried to calm him down and assure him that it was going to be ok and that momma and daddy both lost all of our teeth when we were little and they all came back!!! Finally he stopped crying.... And you may wonder why he was doing all of the crying...... Well, it's kinda my fault.....
Ya see, Dawson hates to brush his teeth.... I would always have to do it for him for a long time... Then I told him after awhile that he was big enough to take responsibility and brush his own teeth... I also threw in there that if he didn't brush them good they were gonna fall out!!
After the tooth was out, I started thinking of all the weird things that have been happening with him and his teeth...
1. I've not noticed the tooth being loose AT ALL!!
2.I haven't noticed Dawson wiggling or touching the tooth at all!!
3. He's been brushing his teeth on the weekends WITHOUT me having to make him!!
4. He's been on my butt for the past 3 weeks about making him a dentist appointment for his check up... (he knew it was time because we got the little card in the mail and he LOVES going to the dentist!!).
5. Out of the blue on the way to Monroe on Friday he busts out with:
dawson: "Mom do you have your purse??"
me: "yeah"
Dawson: "Do you mind if I have some floss?"
me: "no, it's in the sidepocket"
Dawson: "Are we going to Target today??"
me: "yeah"
Dawson: "Do you mind buying me some floss?'
me: "No I don't mind buying you some floss. Are your teeth bothering you??"
Dawson: "No ma'am"
me: thinking to self who are you and what have you done with my son who hates to brush and floss???
6. When we get to Target he reminds me that he needs some floss.. We start down the aisle and I ask him what kind of floss he wants and he replies "which one is the best??" So after thinking about this for awhile, I started feeling kind of bad for telling him a story!!

So he walks around all night, and I mean ALL NIGHT, with a cold wet wash cloth in his mouth biting on it!!
So anyway the tooth is out and I found it on the floor... I asked him later if he was eating something or what happened... He said "I just pulled it out"... I still can't believe it!! This is truly a sign that he is growing up.... He's snaggletoothed!
David and I tell him all about The Tooth Fairy and how he will get money for this beautiful tooth! So then he decides that he's got another one that's loose that he can pull out.... We told him that he couldn't pull two in one day.... He gets all excited and puts the tooth under his pillow and goes to sleep!
Sure enough, the next morning there was fairy dust all over his room and an envelope with $15 and a note from The Tooth Fairy herself that read:

Dear Dawson,
This tooth is the perfect addition to my collection. You should make sure that you brush them in the morning and at night to make them shiny and bright. Thank you for leaving this tooth for me, here's a little money in return. Make sure that you let your teeth get ready to come out before pulling them as those teeth are not worth as much money as those that are ready to come out!! You're a good little boy and I'm very proud of your very first tooth!!
Love, The Tooth Fairy

He was so excited!!! And so now he's gonna hate me for sure for this post one day!!! I've got some major making up to do!!
posted by Cara @ 10:17 AM |

2 comments

<< Home


/body>