Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Baby Boy Turned 5!!! And Then It Snowed!!!

Can you believe it???? It seems just like yesterday I found out I was pregnant with Dawson! I wanted a baby so bad and couldn't wait to start our little family!! And he was more than I'd ever dreamed of!!! He was such a sweet baby!! And now he is growing up and now five
years old!! It makes me a little sad...

This year he is in school and they had him a little party where I could bring cupcakes!! Well, that was the plan.... The night before his actual birthday I made all of the cupcakes and set them aside.... Then in the middle of the night I woke up with the stomach virus!!!!!
ugh.... It was BAD!!! So I called trusty Amanda and she came and got Daityn Blair so that she wouldn't get the virus and took the cupcakes to the school so Dawson could have his party! I was in the bed ALL DAY LONG!!! Before Dawson left for school he came to my bed and said "mom, I'm so sorry your sick today..." I felt so bad!! If there was any way possible I could have I would've gotten right up out of that bed and spent the whole day with that baby... But, that just wasn't the case!! Dawson had the virus the week before and it was rough on him, but I think I had a double dose!!! But anyway, I got over it and all is now well... Plus, I had no choice, I had a birthday to finish getting ready for on that Friday.... Wednesday was the day that I puked all day...
So Friday rolled around and here we go to decorate!!! What would I do without Amanda??? Sometimes I think she was sent from God just to help me!!!
She is the best!! I love her just like a sister!

So the school called and said they were letting out early because of the snow that was headed our way!!! Whatever, I thought... Well she was right!!!! So I went and got Dawson and Tristan and put them to work too!! If you know Dawson, you know he likes to be naked... So here he is jumping on the trampoline at Andee's with his shirt and his underwear on....Then of course here came the snow!! Great big beautiful flakes!!
I've have never seen snow like this!! But the party would still be a big hit with the birthday boy!! Here is Amanda and her hard workin' self!!! She built The Krusty Krab!!
Cause you know we were in Bikini Bottom!!!!There's Dawson posing in front of The Krusty Krab!! It looked so freakin' cute!!
Dawson loved it! He had a blast and so did all of the kids!!We had hot dogs with all of the fixing's, chips,punch, cupcakes and more!! Here is the menu!!I had so much fun making all of the decorations for his party this year! I'm planning on
decorating the toy room in Spongebob now that we're finished!!
and I get
done doing a little much needed spring cleaning...

Amanda and I built these treasure chests for the goody bags to sit in. Well, she built them,
I painted them!! Of course there is the birthday boy posing again!There's Dawson and Amanda posing by the beautiful tree she made in the corner!And you know that it's just not Bikini Bottom without a field of jellyfish!!And Spongebob's pineapple house!! I can't remember how, or with what... But I bribed him to take pictures.... Can you tell???

Finally it's time to open gifts!! Dawson's favorite part!! His favorite gift was rubber boots from Conk!! The rest of the stuff he couldn't remember who got him anything else, except for the rubber boots!! Daityn Blair wanted to help, really bad... But Dawson didn't barge in on her
birthday, so it just wasn't right to let her!

It's time to eat! Here is one of the tables set up with Gary supervising!!Instead of buying a cake, I made cupcakes!! Into the shape of Spongebob!!There's David fixing his plate. I don't know what Punky was doing but she looks guilty.... Little stinker!
I think this is the only time that Dawson slowed down... You can tell by his little red cheeks... He gulped punch the whole time that we sang Happy Birthday!! Then made a wish and blew out the candles!There's Daityn Blair and Percy coming out of the Spongebob house! More guests that waded through all of the snow just for the special occasion!!!The kids had great fun jumping on the trampoline! Dawson jumped with the girls.... And fought with the boys!Time for the pinata!!!!!!!!!!!!!All of the kids got a turn!!Some of the kids needed a little bit of help!!And then we let Dawson finish him off!!By the way these kids jumped for this candy when it fell out, you would think they'd never seen candy before in their lives!!After the party was over, we were all pooped!!
Dawson didn't really get to enjoy the snow on Friday. So Saturday morning we got up and went out to play for a few minutes before having to go to David's family reunion.
Here are a few pictures from the snow morning!!Here is Dawson making a snow angel!Dawson and I laughing cause the snowman that I made looked horrible.... I couldn't even make a picture of it.... It was that bad......

So David, Granny and Dawson made a good one! But because the morning was so freakin' hectic, and it was so hot, I didn't get a picture of it before it fell apart...
Here a picture of the snowman that i snapped as we were driving out of the driveway...
It was huge, and pretty too!!This is a picture of our little family at the reunion!!And one with Granny, Patrick and Mr. Dale!! And I think that fills you in on the Ladd's life so far in March!!

Now we can't wait for it to get warm so we can get outside!!!
Happy 5th Birthday Dawson!! You bring so much joy to our lives everyday you'll never know
just how special you truly are to us!!! I love you bunches!!

posted by Cara @ 10:04 AM |

1 comments

<< Home


/body>