Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday Dawson!!

I can't believe that my little man is four years old!!!!!! Gah, it seems like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital... Time is flying!!!This year was a little hectic around his birthday with the new baby... So we decided to have a family party and a play group party separate with just a few of his friends!! I sure couldn't have done any of it without the help of David, Granny, Olivia, and especially Amanda!!

We started on Saturday night the 3rd with a family party at our house... David grilled hamburgers and we had chips and dip...
Granny, Uncle Olivia and I made homemade cupcakes that were VERY yummy!! Olivia made a much needed boo boo and doubled the recipe of cupcakes so we did have plenty... But we couldn't have done the masterpiece without each and everyone of them, so it worked out perfect!!

Now I'm sure that you'll never believe that this....Could turn into this!!!! It was Olivia's idea to try and make a tractor out of the cupcakes since the birthday theme was, of course, John Deere... OMG, I would've never thought that it would have turned out so freaking cute!! Amanda was the mastermind of the whole pattern!! She done a great job!!
Dawson loved them!! He thought it was the coolest thing!! And everyone said they were delicious!! My finishing touch with the dust buster to get rid of all of the extra sprinkles just made the table!! hehe!!
Amanda and Victoria came and helped do some decorating!! It looked like John Deere came in a threw up all over the kitchen and living room!! But it was a very fun party!!

My mom, aka Conk, got him a bicycle!! He was so proud!! He can ride really good! I took him to the park last week with it. He rode all around the nature trail as I strolled Daityn Blair!! We've gotta do that more often!! We had so much fun!!Granny got him the only thing that he asked for... A Lightning Fishing Rod!!! That's all I've heard since Christmas... "Momma, I wanna lighten thishing rod!!" So of course he was all smiles to go to Granny's and go fishing!!The family party was a big hit!! He had a ball!! David and I got him a karaoke machine that has a video camera with it that shows him on TV... That was also a big hit... Of course he had to entertain his guests with this!On Monday we had him another small party at McDonald's!! The kids of course had a blast playing in the playhouse and helping Dawson open his gifts!!Afterwards we all went to the park and zoo for cake!!
At the park the kids got to break the pinata that was full of all kinds of candy.. All the kids took a swing, and then it was back to Dawson who demolished the tractor pinata!!On Tuesday he wanted to know if we were going to have him another birthday party... I told him that I was partied out!!! But my baby had a ball while it lasted and we'll do it all over again next year just for him!!! I love you bunches, Dawson Glenn!! I'm glad you had a wonderful 4Th birthday!!!





posted by Cara @ 10:45 PM |

3 comments

<< Home


/body>