Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter 2008

Easter has come and gone once again! We had an awesome Easter this year! And of course we had a visit from the Easter Bunny!!
First off on Saturday we attended two Easter egg hunts! The first one was our neighbor's, it's always the best!! This was the 3rd annual and the kids always have themselves a grand time!All of the kids gather around Mr. Harry for the Easter story!! He is the best at telling the story!Then off to find all of the 900 eggs that were hid for them!This year David was able to go with us, which was great! He and Daityn Blair hunted while I watched Dawson and took lots of pictures!This was her first egg, and darn-it , it's blurry!!! I think I was too excited and moved the camera...Daityn Blair loves animals so David put her in the pin with the bunny rabbit!! I'm not sure what he was taking out of her mouth..... (and I really don't want to think about it.........)
Here's Dawson and his friend Gatlin, posing!Then it was off to Promise Land to another egg hunt!They had lots of games for the kids to play and Dawson and Daityn Blair both had a great time there!!There's Dawson playing pin the tail on the bunny!!
Daityn Blair found the swimming pool first off and she didn't want to leave!She was soaking wet by the time we left!!! But she had a fun time!Here Andee wasn't quite fast enough for her, so she took it upon herself to take a bite!Here is a picture of all the eggs Dawson found! He had a basket full!!We awoke on Easter Sunday to two pretty baskets full of goodies for the kids!Of course Dawson was expecting more, but that's nothing new... He said that he remembered getting more last year! Little punk... But they both got nice gifts!! More than I remember getting from the Easter Bunny!!
Dawson was surprisingly happy with the clothes he got!!And Daityn Blair was just tickled about her little chick!!Then we got ready for church, which is
always an adventure! But not as much as trying to get a good family picture!!I thought that this one was great just looking at the thumbnail photo... Until I zoomed in and saw the face that Dawson was making.... I don't know what I'm gonna do with that boy!
After church we headed to Cynthia's for some good grub!! Here is Granny holding baby cousin Brent! Daityn Blair was giving him some lovin'!!Dawson giving Daityn Blair some brotherly love........Now off to find MORE eggs.....Daityn Blair had the idea of sitting on the sidelines with Dawson's basket and picking out the candy that she wanted... And nobody realized that she had a mouth full... Until it was too late... This is what was left of a piece of chocolate.When I took it away, off she went....Dawson enjoyed playing ball with the boys!And sliding.... Just had to put this picture of the cupcakes I made for the kids!! They were so Easter looking, just perfect for the occasion!! Not to mention yummy!!David having a wonderful time!!I know I look like I'm hovering over the basket, but David had sat down on my back!! Last but certainly not least.... This year I was presented with an Easter gift!! Dawson and David went to town and when they came back home Dawson informed me that they'd got me a surprise!!! He had his hands behind his back and came out with this...
Then he said "don't you love it mom?" I said "I sure do what is it??" He said smiling from ear to ear "it's deer teeth"!!
And of course I'll treasure the uh, deer teeth forever!!!
posted by Cara @ 1:50 PM |

0 comments

<< Home


/body>