Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Almost 3... But not quite...

Sunday morning we are leaving church... David is talking with his mom and I pull across the parking lot to pick him up... I could tell they were having a "big" talk... So I didn't want to seem nosy... So I parked a little bit behind her car... Dawson started to roll down the back window........

I said: "Dawson, roll that window back up."

D said: "I was finna tell daddy to load up!" (he's so freaking country!!)

I said: "He'll be here in just a minute, just chill out!!"
(as I rolled the window up and used my magic "locking" button to keep him from rolling it down again... hehe!!)
D said: "Ju betta stop that, and don't do it again!!"

I said: "You better stop telling me what I better do!!"

D said: "Ju betta get rid of your attitude!!"

Okay.... What is wrong with this picture??? I am still the adult, right!!??!! If he talks like this now, what's it going to be like when he starts to school... Or even worse when he's a teenager...

All I could say was he needed his mouth washed out with soap... What else could I say... I mean, how should he know what an attitude is anyway???

Next time he will... Because I will demonstrate the ol' "attitude adjustment"!!

I've been tough on him about saying yes mam and no mam, yes sir and no sir... I told him that he better say it everytime that someone talked to him.... He said " I'm not, cause I just don't want nobody to talk to me again!! "... That's hardheaded if you ask me!!!

I think he must get that from his daddy... Cause he sure don't get it from his momma!!!;)

From now on... It's not funny... I mean business... Really!! And he's not even three... Close... But he still has five days to go!!


posted by Cara @ 10:01 AM |

10 comments

<< Home


/body>