Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'm Sorry & I Love You!

Why is it so hard for us to confront our problems? This is a problem that I've seen happen all of my life. It's like when something happens and we have our feelings trampled on we dwell in the misery of what happened and blow it completely out of proportion... I know that personally, I will sit and think and think about a particular problem. I always leave with the intention to forgive and FORGET!! But, instead of making myself feel better about the problem at hand, it only makes me feel worse!!
That is another reason that I admire my husband so much... He is always the first to admit when he is wrong.. He is also a great problem solver.. It's like he won't take sides with anyone, even if he is the problem.. He can say something and cut you to the bone and still not hurt your feelings. He likes to get every scenario out in the open and solved... Some people aren't like that.. They assume that if it is never brought up, no consequences will be rendered... Most of the time that is not the case, it only makes things worse, and more innocent people have their feelings stepped on..
Why is it that it's so hard to admit that your wrong? I'm not sure what it is but everyone is like this... Myself included.. But if I know that I can make a relationship better and stronger I'll admit I'm wrong. I'd rather my heart be broken than for someone else to have theirs broken..

Sometimes it's just best not to beat around the bush... Don't avoid confrontation... Don't sit and dwell on petty junk.. Family will be there forever!! We love our family unconditionally!! No mountain is too big for us to climb.. When we all work together anything that we set our minds to can be accomplished!! I hope that everyone knows that we are here for them to talk to anytime! Day or night!!
Lately I find myself asking more and more, "what would Jesus do?" He tells us that when we have been wronged we should turn the other cheek.. That is the hardest thing to do.. But, it is the right thing.. I have the hardest time with that... He wants us to take the opportunity of the time that he has given to us to make relationships stronger and to be more like Him!! If we take the first step he will lead us down the right path that he has planned for us.
This isn't about a particular person or problem.... It's just general... I was just thinking and the words I'm Sorry & I love you can sometimes be the hardest thing to say. God gives us the opportunity to say those things and when they are heard it says so much!! Most of the time, it can fix any problem.;)
I can tell that this is going to be a wonderful Christmas season!!! I can't wait to get together with our family and friends and celebrate the love!! We are starting ours this weekend.... I'll start my diet after the first of the year.... We'll worry about that favorite pair of jeans not fitting then!! Right now is a great time to fellowship.... And I'm so glad that we have a terrific family to share all of these wonderful memories with!!
Now onto a lighter subject... I have all of my Christmas cards bought. I'm going to start addressing them soon.... When do you send your Christmas cards out??
Oh, I almost forgot, we have 9 new full blooded black Lab puppies, how many do you want?? They are so sweet!! I'll post some pictures later!!! Love to all!! :)
posted by Cara @ 8:55 AM |

7 comments

<< Home


/body>