Sunday, November 13, 2005

Our family and friend filled weekend

Today has been the perfect day... Besides the fact that we skipped out on Sunday school.. I know, I know, we should have gone.. But all of the kids in our class were out of town... And today, the first day in forever, we woke up to rain trickling on the roof... So we just laid in the bed and praised God that he finally gave us a nice shower!!
After church we came home ate lunch and laid around the house.... Dawson is taking a major nap right now.... This weekend has really tired him out..
Saturday morning we had two birthday parties.. I hate it, but sometimes you just have to choose.. I wish that he could make every one.. Most of the time that's just not feasible..
We had a wonderful time.. I can't believe that Xander is already one.. It seems like yesterday Haven was born.. Wow, time is flying!!
When we left the party my daddy, aka pawpaw, was at the deer camp.. He has been wanting to take Dawson hunting, or just riding on the Kubota in the woods..... Which ever Dawson prefers I'm sure.. I dropped him off and took my Mamaw Woodie home, then went back to get him.. He told me that he wasn't sleepy and he didn't want to go with me.. He just wanted to stay with pawpaw! So I left, going home and didn't even get to the end of the road and daddy called and said that Dawson told him that he needed to call his momma because it was time for him to go and take a nap!! He is all about a nap now days!! That's always good for me!! Needless to say, I turned around and went back to get him.... So if any of the readers lie in the Promise Land area and are wondering why in the world I made 20 trips up and down the road yesterday... Now you know!!
After his much needed nap... He and David went hunting on his new deer stand... I thought that I was going to have to go and hold him still... But my wonderful husband told me to stay home and rest... So rest I did.... I took a bath alone, washed my hair and dried it ALONE!! That's not something that happens everyday, but is much appreciated!! I took a whole roll of film of the boys going hunting that I'll post later this week!
We had a wonderful supper after a day filled with deer hunting.. Ms. Patsy cooked squirrel that David killed earlier this week... I'm not a squirrel eater... But, when Ms. Patsy is cookin'... I'm eatin'!!! It was sooo good!!! Smothered in gravy and some was fried, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, candied yams, green beans, turnip greens, biscuits.... And of course brownies, that was Dawson's favorite!!
Who could ask for a better weekend, surrounded by family and friends each and every turn!! I'm so thankful for my family! Where would we be without family? I hope you all had a fun filled weekend!!
My calendar thought for today... Those who wish to sing, always find a song! Carry this through the week and be happy!! Much love!!
posted by Cara @ 5:00 PM |

4 comments

<< Home


/body>