Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The latest & greatest!!!

If anyone knows my husband, they know that he is always building or fixing something!! He finally got the crops in and is taking a few weeks off... He's definitely deserving of a couple months off.. He works so hard, and even though he is self employed he never takes a day off... Unless he's half dead...
Well this time he's really started something.... Our son is so into all outdoor things.. Hunting, fishing whatever he sees daddy doing is the greatest, and he has to join in... Where we live, there are deer everywhere all year around.. We can look out the back window and usually see three or four deer every glance... Dawson has a pop rifle that Punky gave him... So when he sees deer outside he says, "my gonna go get my gun"!! (yeah, he's almost redneck!!) But I guess that is just typical of little boys...
So before taking a couple of weeks off for the deer hunt... David built Dawson a deer stand... Oh yes, my two year old has his own deer stand... He is so proud of it!! It is complete with a Dawson friendly ladder, and a front porch.. It is so neat!!
Saturday he was outside supposedly riding on his Hummer and I saw him walking up to the back door... I asked him where his Hummer was.. He replied "I don't know".. So I didn't worry much about it... Sunday morning we were leaving to go to church and I saw the Hummer way out in the back yard.. It was stuck between the yard and the field... I said "Dawson what is your Hummer doing way out there?" He said "uh, it's just stuck".. I said "what were you doing way out there?" He said "my was just gone go get on my deer stand... What do you say to that??? He thinks he is 2 going on 12!! I explained to him how he couldn't just go out there without an adult... Finally after much convincing, he understood not to go alone..
Yesterday David took Dawson to get some corn to feed to the deer.. That was the second best thing in the world!!! So this morning we went to check and see if any deer had come to the corn... I took a few pictures I hope you enjoy!!
posted by Cara @ 11:20 AM |

4 comments

<< Home


/body>