Monday, November 07, 2005

Yep, I'm another year older & wiser!!!

When I think about my birthday I still get excited but not like I used to when I was younger. After having a child of my own I sorta feel like I should call my mom and tell her happy birthday for her having me!! I know that it was harder for her to get me here, rather than being hard on me to be here!! But it's a celebration of life!! And I've enjoyed celebrating today!
I had a wonderful day today!! The phone calls started at 7 am... If anyone knows me they know that I'm not a morning person at all and so needless to say I didn't make it to that phone call... And they didn't stop until after 9pm.. I'm not even going to list all the people who did call, because I don't want to leave anyone out!!
Dawson and I went to Fiesta Linda an had lunch with my mom and Shane.. It was so good.. When we were getting ready to go Dawson said Momma, is it your birthday party? I said "it's my birthday, but I'm not having a party". He said "momma I'm gonna get you a birthday party with a big slide". I thought that was so sweet.. Then he came around my car with his hands behind his back and said "momma, I got you a birthday present". He pulled out a gumball!! It was precious.. I carried it in my pocket all day..
I got a lot of nice things from my family and friends! My mom got me some comfy Victoria's Secret PJ's, and bought our lunch. Crystal gave me a beautiful ring and picture frame with a sweet card. David got me a new outfit with jewelry and shoes last week. Then today he gave me a sweet card. Ms. Patsy & Patrick gave me a cookie jar and money.. My dad gave me more money. Even though I'm having a retainer rebuilt and he bought that about 2 weeks ago.(I told him that could be my birthday present) Victoria got me some really pretty earrings with a matching necklace. I can't wait to wear that!!!! I hope I'm not forgetting anything!! Oh yeah, my sister in law sent me something home with her mother in law... I know it's gonna be cool, whatever it is.. I'm gonna have to go and get that!:)
Thanks to all of my old friends that called to wish me a good day!! That meant so much to me!! I had a really excellent day!! I hope you all did the same..
posted by Cara @ 11:01 PM |

4 comments

<< Home


/body>