Friday, October 14, 2005

Mommy's Roses (with a pumpkin to add a little color)

How about this... As you probably know, Dawson and I stay outside quite a bit! Well, this is my accumulation of gumballs and acorns this week.. He always finds them and picks them up. When he brings them to me, he says, "momma, look what I found for you". I always make a big deal about them, and tell him how cool they are. So then he tells me "momma, go put them in your kitchen window with your other flowers!" Now what do you say to that.... Nothing, but , "thank you baby, I love them". And then go and find a spot in the kitchen window for the gumballs and acorns. But you know, I don't think I could be any happier with a hand full of roses! He is so sweet. But don't even think about throwing them away when they fall apart in the window. Because when he gets up there to wash his hands or 'help' me cook. He wants to know if I still like them. If they are gone, which I try to keep a handful at least, for his feelings sake. He asks where they are. I sometimes wonder what I did before I had him.
I had a really nice day yesterday! My mom kept Dawson all day. I finally had to go and get him about 8:30 last night. He didn't want to go, but it was time for him to go to bed. And I knew that he would want to be at home in his own bed. But it sure was nice to have a break.. Thanks mom, I really do appreciate it!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Love to all!
posted by Cara @ 3:17 PM |

3 comments

<< Home


/body>