Tuesday, October 11, 2005

No more cups or watering cans in the bath tub!!!


Why you ask? I put my son in the tub and went about my cleaning up supper. (with the monitor on my hip). Every few minutes, I would sneak back and check on him.. He was doing fine! Once he caught a glimpse of me and said "mom do I have to wash my hair"? "Yes", I replied and hurried back to the kitchen.. The next time I sneaked a peek, he had shampoo in his dry hair, just a scrubbing. I thought aww how sweet, he's trying to help!
Well, the next trip wouldn't be quite as easy.. When I got to the door, he was looking at me with that deer in the headlights look. That's when I stepped in about an inch of water. Oh, and when I say an inch of water, I mean an inch of water over about four feet of the floor... I was furious!
But I grabbed my composure! Quickly! I took a towel and laid it out on the floor, which it immediately soaked up with water and bubbles.. Did I mention bubbles? Oh, yes, lots of bubbles!!! After soaking up six towels with water dripping from all six I threw them in the sink (as shown in picture) I called David and told him to go to the shop and get the "shop vac".
Meanwhile, Daddy's coming home with the shop vac, Mommy is scolding Dawson. I made him sit in the ugly chair, no juice, only water, and no John Deere video before bed.. He had to watch us clean up the mess, crying all the while. Then he went directly to bed after a final "my wub ja momma"! "I love you too, D" Now how can you be mad at that?
I asked him how he got all of that water onto the floor.. He answered "my just used that cup and that water hose". His 'water hose' is the watering can.. I could have choked him.. (While laughing behind closed doors.. )
When the floor was dry, the shop vac had about 3 inches of water in the bottom. The experience also gave David and I something funny to talk about before bed.
I hope everyone is having an awesome week!! We are!! Love to all!
posted by Cara @ 2:10 PM |

8 comments

<< Home


/body>