Sunday, March 05, 2006

Dawson's 3rd Birthday

I can't believe that my baby is already three years old... It seems just like yesterday he was born.. He was such a beautiful baby and he's growing into a beautiful-I mean- handsome young man!! David and I are so proud of him, he's such a joy to us!! Today is his actual birthday, but we celebrated yesterday with a party!!

We had a very busy weekend... Saturday at 2:00 we had his party at the park... Left there took all of his goodies home, unloaded, cleaned up and headed to Mamaw Woodie's birthday party in Crossett... Left there went and took paw paw home and headed to Ginger's for the monthly fight night... We finally got home around 1:00am!!! Boy we are all tired, but had so much fun!!

Wow!! What a beautiful day it was, just perfect for a party at the park!! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family to help make Dawson's 3rd birthday party a HUGE success!! And when I say huge, I'm not exaggerating.... There were over 80 people attending and I hope that in the end I was able to say hello to each and everyone and let them all know how much we appreciate them all being there!! Aunt I mean Uncle Olivia (as D calls her) even made a surprise visit.. Driving over six hours just for the party!! The kids had lots of fun riding on the choo choo train, playing on the big slide, and the little slide and of course swinging!!

I think next year we may try and have two small parties so that Dawson is not so overwhelmed with all of the people and gifts!! Bless his heart I think it took him about an hour to open everything!! Of course he was very happy with all of his goodies... But you know Dawson, there was work to be done.... And driving that choo choo was at the top of his list!!

If you have a child that is interested in Thomas or trains in general... Call Bill Marshall!! He is excellent with the children and had a big time taking the kids all around the park!! He started about 1:30 and never shut down until after 4:00!! Thanks so much Mr. Bill!!

All of the kids were busy chasing the train around and waiting for a seat to ride in.. Some finally took a break just long enough for some yummy birthday cake and ice cream!! I have lots of pictures that I'm going to let tell the rest of the story of the party!!

Then on to mamaw's party at Western Sizzler... Yucky, I don't know what is going on with this place, but it's really gone down in the past few years... The buffet looked awful... I thought that I'd just get the catfish plate... Nope they were out...So I ordered shrimp... Wrong thing to do... I tried my best to eat as much as I could.... Dawson wanted a salad... Have you ever seen a salad bar with no croutons or shredded cheese????? Gah....

Other than the food being funky, we had a blast seeing all of the family!! My daddy rode with us and wasn't feeling good so on the way back we stopped by Wal-Mart to get him something for his cold... Dawson wanted to go in with me.. So here we go... I got to the checkout and the lady said "mam to do you want him to have this energy drink??" I looked and just saw the green bottle and thought that it was a Sprite... Nope, it was an energy drink... So I quickly exchanged it for a Sierra Mist and took off.. We got to the car and Dawson said "momma where is my whiskey??" I said "What????" "my whiskey", he said... I'm like "what are you talking about?".... He said "you left it in Wal Mart!!" Then it hit me... That's what David calls the energy drink.... And my child thinks that he drinks whiskey... So if you ever hear him say that... I'm really not a bad parent and allow my child to drink whiskey... My husband is just a big kid himself and sees no problem with telling him that!! He's so silly!!

After dropping daddy off we were off to
Ginger's for fight night!! We always have fun... It used to be just a guy thing... But we called a stop to that a few months ago and I think they even like it better now... I mean, we always make sure that they have something to eat and drink and we sit in one room and have our monthly "hen party", while they are in the living room hollering "OH EWE OH OH!!"
Ginger, Keri, and Crystal.... I had a really good time visiting and laughing!!! Crystal, I got home and started thinking about the Texas trip and started laughing again... I could listen to that story over and over and never get tired of it!!!!

So needless to say.... A busy weekend for us!! But it was worth it!! Very much fun filled with family and good friends... Who could ask for more??? Enjoy the pictures and have a great week!!
posted by Cara @ 4:25 PM |

7 comments

<< Home


/body>