Monday, December 26, 2005

Whew!! We made it!

Whew!! We made it through Christmas!! It's great to see family, relax, eat, eat some more, and see more family... Unfortunately relax, wasn't in the cards this year!! We started this Christmas weekend with Supper on Friday night at my mom's. We had finger foods, and a meat tray.. I think that this was Dawson's highlight of the season.. Conky, Gramp and Aunt Punky got him a Caterpillar trakhoe.. His reaction to this was hilarious!! He said "oh my gah, it's a bulldozer!!" It was so funny! I think he was equally proud of the enormous John Deere pencil!! We had a lot of fun visiting until Dawson was give out and ready to go home!!
The next morning we went to my daddy's for Christmas with him! He cooked us steaks, which were delicious, and we also had twice baked potatoes a yummy lemon ice box pie from Mamaw Woodie.. We had a great time watching Dawson open his presents from Paw Paw. I'm sure Paw Paw spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up the "snow" in the living room caused my Dawson and the packaging from his new Caterpillar road grader.. Next year, we'll just buy him some Styrofoam and let him go!! Daddy also got him a camouflage recliner that's just his size, some tractor play sets he's been asking for and a pair of moccasins... He was happiest with the snow!! Shortly after lunch it was past time for D's nap, so we headed home for a short break.
At six that afternoon, we joined the rest of David's family at Mamaw Sue, for yet more food!! And of course a nice game of dirty, dirty Santa!! We get serious here!! We had a lot of fun, though we weren't able to do much damage with the food since we were still pretty full from lunch.. Dawson got a big dump truck from Aunt Paula, Uncle Keith and the girls.. A cute little outfit from Aunt Debbie and Colby.. A LOUD guitar from Cliff, Sherry and Aslan... (talk about pay backs!!;) He also had a stocking full of goodies from Mamaw along with a remote control truck!! Needless to say this was enough for his Christmas, but it was only the beginning!!
We left Mamaw's house about 9, and headed to Granny's for more presents!! Aunt, I mean Uncle Olivia and Uncle Bobby (yeah, she's ready to choke me for that but Dawson started it!)got him a boxed set of Thomas the Tank Engine DVD's and a really cool set of wooden blocks that make a barn scene.. Granny gave him a pop gun and a nice chunk of change for his savings account!! Uncle Patrick gave him a souped up tractor complete with rims, and a John Deere play sets.. Mr. Dale gave him another nice chunk of change and some goodies along with a cap gun!! We finally had to leave when D went into destruction mode... That usually happens around 10:30!! But when we arrived back at home, he wasn't tired, he needed to play on his trachoe again! After lots of convincing, he went to bed and watched yet two movies before finally going to sleep!!
Needless to say, we didn't get into bed until about 2am....
The next morning I was up first, which if you know me, you know that is very rare..... I'm usually the last to get up!! But I was so excited..We were supposed to go to Aunt Paula's for Christmas breakfast... But it started at 6am, and that isn't in Dawson's vocabulary yet!! So we had to skip breakfast.. He finally got up about 8:00.. He walked in and saw all of the things that Santa had brought to him... It was priceless!! He was so excited... He saw his grain cart.. He looked at David and said "I don't guess Ho Ho has a big grain cart.... My child was wanting a BIG grain cart, not a toy... But he was satisfied with everything.. He got books, DVD's, a vacuum cleaner, a lot of trucks and "working" equipment, and a four wheeler... Unfortunately he was still a little snotty, so he didn't get to ride it that morning.... And still we had one more stop to make in Monroe at David's aunt Joyce's... We had yet one more meal to eat, and it was wonderful!! David got to have his arm wrestling match with uncle Bo, which he's been looking forward to for a month... Dawson got to play with all of his little cousins... We had a great time! When we got home he went for a ride on his fourwheeler!!
We had a really great Christmas!! We are so thankful for all of our families and all of the great food and gifts.. We are so blessed to be surrounded with such loving and caring people... I know that sometimes we tend to forget the real meaning of Christmas.. But we make sure that we give thanks to our Lord for his precious gift of life!!
I hope I didn't bore you too bad with this post! I just wanted to share our busy and fun filled holiday weekend with all of you.. I hope that you all had a great Christmas !! I don't know what is up with the blogger, I can't upload any pictures, so I'll post with Hello below... I promise I have plenty, over 300 to be exact!! (remember I got a new camera, I'm making sure that everything is working correctly!! hehe!!:) These below will only be of my mom's and dad's Christmas' I'll upload the rest tomorrow.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week, and we get some much needed rest!!
posted by Cara @ 9:19 PM |

8 comments

<< Home


/body>